I also spent time on Flower Power, finishing the third band of lattice and the words. However, I decided to revamp the words a bit by making them a little fancier than the pattern:
I like my letters but don't like the way they ended up on the fabric. The first line looks great, the second I don't like. I hated to have the orphan "may" just hanging there by itself so I began the second line of verse on the same physical line. Hmmmmm, not the best layout.
Soooo, I did a little 'photoshop-ing' and changed it to look like this:
I like this better but . . . . before I go ripping it out, I'm going to let it set for awhile. I may think of a different and perhaps, better, way of doing it. I really prefer things centered but didn't feel like charting the whole thing out because what usually happens when I chart things out, I do it wrong and things don't get centered correctly -- driving me totally nuts. BTW -- the little zig-zaggy lines aren't complete. There's more to be added to them.
I finished 2 smaller projects that have been sitting around for some time now. The first is Get into the Spirit by Brittercup. This was one of my 2011 Crazy Challenge choices that was never finished . . . until now that is:
And this one is probably 4 or 5 years in the stitching. It's one of those cute Mill Hill beaded kits on paper called Bountiful Kitties. I'm tickled pink that it's finally finished.
These two are finished because I joined a couple SAL's -- the Christmas Ornament SAL and the Halloween Ornament SAL -- devoted to stitching an ornie a month.
And there you have it, a months worth of WIPocalypse stitching. I hope February is just as productive for both you and me.