Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My IHSW was a good one

I got bunches of great quality stitching time in (hurray!) amongst household chores (blecchht!).

The first thing I worked on had lots and lots and lots (and omg! lots) of little black cross stitches that looked something like this:


Unfortunately, since it's a surprise for a friend, I can't show you the whole shapely thing but suffice it to say, there is lots (and lots and lots) more blackness than pictured above.  By the time I finished all the black -- I needed some

 * C O L O R *

sooo, I switched to the Tulip Sampler and finished all the green blocks (granted, most of the time I was stitching with one color, ie, green -- but at least it was a change from black --  it's the little things that make life exciting, don't you agree?)


And then my last IHSW piece for the weekend was a new start -- the Christmas SAL from Carole.  I didn't get much finished on it and I'm already behind (because I just found out about it last week) but I think it's going to be a fun little sampler (as her SAL's usually are):


I switched out the colors and am going for a different look than the traditional Christmas one.  So far, so good.  If you want to participate in Carole's SAL, I think you have until the end of the month to join.

Have a good one! 


Oh . . . .  and thanks for all the comments on Eek!  Those guys really crack me up!  I may have to stitch them for myself as well.


2 comments:

  1. It all looks very pretty to me, and i do hope that you will show us the rest of the black piece once you have given it of course.

    Hugs Yvon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a lot of black X's Marcy!!! Phew... will there be some colors upcoming on that project?

    Love the colors in the Christmas SAL. Can't wait to see more of it.

    Tulip looks wonderful too. :D

    ReplyDelete