Thursday, August 30, 2012

Halloween came early

I received the most adorable squares from my partner Milly in the Fair and Square Halloween exchange.  This scary witch and her cat are from Prairie Schooler and I love them!


And since Milly is a big fan of pumpkins (and who in their right mind isn't??), I sent her a couple plump ones:


This was a fun exchange.  Halloween and Autumn are two of my favorite times of the year.  The colors are so warm and cheerful and the images so full of fun and smiles.  When I was little we would go pick out the perfect pumpkin to carve for Halloween.  It was such fun, searching for just the right one.  And then my brothers and I (with parental assistance, of course) would make a royal mess on the kitchen table scooping out pumpkin guts & carving goofy faces into our poor pumpkins.  Afterward we would dress up in costumes and go trick or treating among the neighborhood -- in the dark!  What spooooky fun we had . . . . and the candy!!  LOL -- it makes my teeth hurt thinking about all that sugar :)


But I digress . . . . back to the exchange.  I really enjoy the Fair and Square group.  It's fun to give and receive handmade items and this group makes it simple.  That appeals to me and makes me smile.

I hope  *you*  have a happy, smile-filled day!

 

1 comment: