Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Crazy for samplers

HELP!!

I fear I have Samplermania! 

I'm becoming obsessed with stitching samplers.  Of my wips, almost all of them are samplers, the few that aren't are holiday ornaments.  When I first started cross stitching, I did mostly nature things, critters and flowers and such, with the occassional human-form (a stately lady and a few angels) tossed in for variety.  I think the reason I love doing samplers so much is that I can pick and choose my own colors just to see how they work together.

One of the first samplers I did was from Country Cross Stitching magazine (I think) from the 1990's.  I love this sampler -- the verse, the border, the little critters, etc.  What I do not like, even to this day, are the colors.  If I was stitching this sampler now, I would definitely change some, if not all, the colors.



Today, I'm older, maybe a little wiser and more experienced.  Today I have three pretty samplers all in a row (with colors chosen by me):

The first pretty sampler is Star Sampler by Lady Periphaeria



The next pretty sampler is Heart Note Alley by Gracewood Stitches



And the last (but not least) pretty sampler is Old European Sampler by Steve Rousseau



Isn't color fun?  You gotta try it!


Good news about my knotted dogs -- I received them last week.  Unfortuately, the pattern was sooo tiny, I had to get it enlarged before I could even begin to see what needed to go where.  And when I did get it enlarged, I noticed each dog only has 3 paws.  This bothers me a little, especially since all my dogs have four.  But I'm getting over it and hope to begin stitching this week.

Later ......





No comments:

Post a Comment