Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hoooray!

I am soooo excited ... but first a little background .....

A couple years ago I began a Celtic Sampler only to get stuck on the yucky, depressing, dying bird sentiment that came next.  I looked for a saying a bit more upbeat but couldn't find something that fit in with the whole Celtic sampler look.  What can I say ..... I'm picky.  Then I thought the perfect thing to go next would be knotted hounds -- you know, since I love dogs and have a pack of them?  Well, back to the internet I went searching, searching and .... grrrrrr!  Nothing.

Isn't it cool?
So I rolled up my sampler and put it away.  And every once in awhile I get it out, confirm to myself that I really hate that dying bird saying, sigh a little sigh, roll it back up and put it away again.

And then yesterday I found it!  It's perfect -- a row of knotted hounds!  Can you believe it?!?  I bought it immediately and am patiently (not!) waiting for it to come in the mail.  SQUEAL!  I am sooo excited!  WooHoo!  Yippee!  Hooray!  Happy dancing time!  

Woah.

Stop ..... breathe ...... again ...... and again ..... breathe one more time .....

Okay .... okay ..... I'm calmer now .......  On to the regular, less exciting stitchy stuff.

First I want to show you the Friendship Heart.   Don't you just love that beautiful, scrolly 'A'?  I'm a little bummed that I can't get the fabric color accurate in the photos of this piece.  It's such a pretty color in real life and kind of blah-looking in my pics.  Oh well.  The quotation to the left of the 'A' is Hindi -- how cool is that?


We had our second class on the Water Lily piece at the EGA meeting on Monday.  Here's where I am so far:

I've got 3 of the lily pads done and most of the border stitched.  There isn't much stitching to do because, with this technique, you want the photograph to show through the threads.  The idea is to enhance the picture with your stitching.  The flowers will be long straight stitches with a few french knots and the water will be a darning stitch with sparkly thread.   I'm working on this during lunchtime at work, so it will probably be awhile before it's finished.

As for the puppies -- they're getting fatter and cuter each day.  Momma has lots of milk and her babies definitely know how to find it.

Have a good one .....


Yippee!  I found it!   WooHoooooo ..........

2 comments:

  1. The Waterlillies are wonderful...and the heartand sampler also...glad to hear the furbabies are doing well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't have to wait too long for your knotted hounds pattern. I'm excited to see how the Celtic Sampler comes along.
    Also love your other stitching, very beautiful

    ReplyDelete