Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It's snowing ......

Nothing to show on the stitching front, unfortunately.  Between shoveling the snow last week, hurting my leg (probably from the afore mentioned snow shoveling), a sick beagle and shoveling more snow this week, I haven't gotten much stitching done.  I did stitch on Rose Wreath Santa but no pictures to show.  I'll try to remember to get a pic tonight -- hopefully I won't have much shoveling to do tonight, at least on the driveway.  Having small dogs, I need to shovel paths in my backyard for the little critters to do their business.

But I digress .... I finished Santa's boots over the weekend.  Now I have to do his pompom, the wreath, and the background.  And I will have my 2010 Santa -- yippee.

Here's a pic of my very first Santa stitched in 1989 -- before I even knew I was going to begin a Santa collection.  It was a kit -- I think from Dimensions.  I don't have the pattern any more so cannot check on this.  I'm not a big kit fan but I really like Norman Rockwell and I just love this one.  Every time I look at all those busy little elves, I have to smile.  I love all the little details Rockwell put in his work.  The elf on Santa's knee pulling up the paint bucket is my favorite.  I giggle every time I look at him.  The 'supervisory' elf on Santa's shoulder is probably my second favorite.  I guess with the boss asleep, someone has to take over -- right??  hehehehe .... I'll close on that note and wish everyone a happy December 14th!


No comments:

Post a Comment