Monday, August 30, 2010

Busy as a bee .....

That's what I've been the last few weeks.

I have "Grow with Love" almost finished.  It just needs a line between the wreath and flower pots and something above the hearts.  The pattern calls for words but I was thinking maybe a butterfly would look nice there.


I'm current with See the Star -- finally! 



With Fall fast approaching, I've been getting things ready for the local fairs, stitching gifts for Halloween and other events.  These pics are the ornies for my nephews this year.  Both are from "Just Cross Stitch", one is from this year's Halloween edition and the other from last year.  Aren't they cute?  Love that purple fabric!


Over the weekend I stitched a gift for a friend using Wessex embroidery almost exclusively.  It's kind of fun and I'm happy with the way it turned out.  I want to add some beads to it for a little sparkle and it will be done.


I need to get going on a sampler for Habitat for Humanity and I'm thinking I'll put some of the Wessex embroidery on it.  Hopefully, I'll begin it this week.

And then there is stitching to be done for Christmas -- yikes, I'm so far behind this year!

2 comments:

  1. Wandered over from Fair & Square. I love the Skull ornament on the purple fabric! Think I may give that color scheme a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You!
    Karen, the purple fabric is 14 ct aida called (of all things) Harry Potter purple. I love it for Halloween ornaments. It positively glows!

    ReplyDelete