Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy days are here again ......

WooHoo!  My wisteria has a baby!

It doesn't look like much but it'll grow.  The two rocks are where my old wisteria used to be before it fell over.  I've been checking this area once a week or so and the last time I saw this lovely little shoot growing.  So far it's the only one but that's all it takes.

I did cut small branches off the parent when I chopped it up and put them in water.  A couple actually bloomed on my windowsill.  They were sad little things but blooms none-the-less.  And they smelled heavenly!

One of the cuttings has a root and new growth -- it's going in a pot soon.  Others have growth and no roots -- they'll stay in the water for now -- you never know. 

I'm thrilled that one cutting actually is growing.  And doubly thrilled that the parental roots are still viable.  VBG ... it's the little things in life that make me smile.

Unfortunately, my boys aren't smiling right now.  They both got their summer cuts recently.  It's the first time for River but Stormy gets shaved down frequently.  And seeing how cute and cool River looks, this won't be his last hair cut.  As you can tell from their expressions, neither are very happy about getting their pictures taken.  LOL.


Between hair cuts, I have been stitching.  The first picture is the Marquoir Group Quakerchen.  It's almost finished.  I have one more part to stitch and it will be complete.



See the Star is coming along.  Unfortunately, I decided to do some major ripping Saturday evening.  By 3 am Sunday morning I had removed the offending area -- what a chore that was!

I finally decided that I didn't like the yellow overdyed thread .  There just was not enough contrast between the yellows and the tea stained fabric.  After finishing the similar area on the right in a nice brown thread, I made the painful decision to rip out the yellows.  Now I just need to replace that area with the same brown floss and the entire unpleasantness will be over.  Whew!


I stitched on the lovely Solo Brode SAL over the weekend also -- what can I say, Saturday was a dreary, rainy day, only good for stitching and doing laundry.  This is such a lovely piece.

And last but not least, I realized there were no recent puppy pics ..... shame on me!  Well here you go:

Isn't she getting big?  She's 4.5 months old now, teething and still cute as a button!  At this stage she looks to easily be a 13 incher.

Later ......

3 comments:

  1. Very cute doggies and lovely stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ripping is such a pain! But in this case, I think you'll be happy with the results. So great that your wisteria is hanging in there; they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the kind comments. I really appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete