Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Poor Stormy

Yesterday was just awful!  My little brown dog was in pain.


At breakfast he didn't bounce for his meal, at lunchtime he was trembling and obviously hurting, at dinner time he wasn't any better.  So off we sped to see our favorite doggie chiropractor, Dr Dave, only an hour drive away, in the dark, with lots of really BIG! trucks going really FAST!!, deer waiting at every corner to JUMP! out at our unsuspecting selves .... what speed limit?!? ..... it was white knuckle driving all the way.  But we made it.  Whew! 

Nothing wrong with his knees and his back is okay. Turns out the little dude has a badly bruised or pulled rib or something.  Probably the result of slamming onto the a-frame at the agility trial last weekend.  He and I are getting too old for this crap!


Needless to say, my planned evening of grocery shopping and stitching went down the interstate.  Here's what I was planning on stitching:


Isn't she pretty?  She's from La-D-Da and though her title is Harvest Angel, her original dress of black and brown made me want to call her Cemetary Angel .... so I decided to change her dress to more cheerful colors.

Unfortunately, I have a Beagle Club meeting tonight and groceries that still need buying, so Miss Harvest Angel will be alone again this evening.  Bummer!



1 comment:

  1. poor pup! But, so glad to hear it was nothing too serious! My poor pup didn't have a good day yesterday either. It was his annual vaccine day. Not a good time. He gets real lethargic for a couple days afterwards!

    ReplyDelete